Popular posts

fredag 13 januari 2017

Insomnia



There are trails of light to follow in this world of darkness.

I read in the paper that people who stay up late have higher IQ. That is certainly not the issue here, anyway.
I've had some problems with this sleeping thing, I fall asleep during the evening, easily and then stay up late. Uneasily. But I think this is a time for insomnia, not just for me. We are going through a rather bad time in our family, that puts everything in motion inside.
Outside , however, there are sufficient causes for insomnia and nightmares. It's hard to tell what threat is the worst, the silent moving evil in the peaceful neighbourhoods we used to have, or the blizzards and thunders coming out from King Kong the 27th and other crackpots that are ruling the world or intending to. I am , in spite of all this, at ease , the words " You have no power over me" could be pointed at any of these as well as at Evil itself.

However strong in faith I may be, the suffering going on amongst fellow human beings, is horrifying. The single most horrifying about it is that I do very little to prevent it. I don't mean anyone of us could walk up to the nearest high and mighty and say" enough now!".  But there is much pain very close at hand, and very little is done to stop even that. Perhaps we are overwhelmed with this?
Looking closely and more sensible at this, there really ARE things being done, not by me as often as I would wish, but by others.

There are also organizations in which one can cooperate with others and create a stronger voice and stronger action against darker powers. In the church of Sweden we give aid through the ACT-alliance and the WCC. We can contribute through f.i ECPAT, UNICEF, SOS-childrens villages, Red Cross and many others that are willing to do the close-up work I fear I could never cope with.
I am challenged by the happenings very close to me, the refugees, the beggers, the homeless, the hidden violence behind closed doors and the growing shadows in what used to be peaceful streets .
Almost every day there are shootings in my hometown and very often someone dies. That is new to us. The burning cars and houses also. Ferocious fights with hundreds of participants take place all over. New Years eve was a "warzone" in some places, gangs aiming fireworks at eachother and all over.
In the middle of all this we have the leaders, the rulers, the selfappointed, "Godgiven", blindfolded leaders that has lost all sense of love for those they lead. They say that people get the leader they deserve, elections and all but we know that is not always true. Bad times can twist peoples minds, fear can create panic and with panic you take the wrong actions and make bad decisions.

You are a very sensible and warmhearted lot, you who sometimes visit this blog and whos blogs I gladly visit. I believe that very often we do more than we think. I also believe we have our chances to do good, some of us are not the kind rushing in and starting a movement of good, but sufficiently many are good followers. Everyone of us have got one or two great gifts to be used when needed, and it doesn't have to be any great deeds. Just making the best of family and friendship, loving ones work and being nice to who ever we meet, makes a difference. Evil gets weaker when people resist bitterness and unkindness. When we have hope. When we keep speaking up, even if we are not in the frontline. When we insist in caring and getting emotionally involved.
 The easiest way is to turn our backs and mind our own business, thinking it's too much for anyone to deal with.
But that is not what most people do, even if it is getting cold in peoples hearts, just as Jesus predicted, but I pray enough will stay warm.  And that I dare to be more than just a talker. Sigh!

Right now the actual cold is the worst threat to many and people are dying in southern Europe, mostly those without homes...no water, no electricity, no roads, no food. Famine and natures disasters can at least be dealt with through sufficient aid and money from us who have plenty.
The evil in war and human interactions is more difficult to handle, but we must remember we are not alone here, praying and keeping faith  and hope will eventually cure the insomnia, but the nightmares will stay on until daylight finally breaks through and darkness is no more.
There is a trail of light to follow, and so much love still to find in humans, I think I'll go to sleep now!

12 kommentarer:

  1. Such wisdom, and I cling to the hope I have, that through it all He is still in control. It is frightening when I think of all that is going on in our world. I try to do what I can, where I am, but sometimes the days are dark, and I must cling to the Light. Blessings.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hello Bonnie!
    Yes, that is the only hope that can keep us going. The darkness is frightening, but if we keep reminding eachother of what we have, we can cope!!! Thank you for your comment!!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Very well written. Like the others I so appreciate your writing. Thank you.

    Linda

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Kind of you, Linda. I say like you do: from my heart to yours! Thank you!

      Radera
    2. No, you say:from my world, I'll adapt that a bit!!

      Radera
  4. Hope you do manage to sleep despite all the worries.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Suem! Yes I hope so both for my own sake and for others with worried hearts!

      Radera
  5. Evil has to be confronted and rooted out. Do you have police, judiciary, politicians, officials with courage? If not, then the vigilantes will take to the streets. This always happens.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I agree with you, Gwil, only courage has to has it's origin in your heart and the heart needs it's nourishment. The vigilantes will take the streets if their hearts are filled with such that doesn't create courage, but only bitterness and fear. We've seen it too often, yes. Evil needs confrontation , yes, time to wake up!
      Thank you for the comment, Gwil! I read the poem....I like the painting better...

      Radera
    2. The poem is based on Picasso's painting. It's much different. As is my painting.
      I'm disturbed by what I view on YouTube and read in the side stream media about what's going on in your wonderful land. If you can get for example the RT app and watch a few recent broadcasts from the series "Watching the Hawks" I think it will bring some light on what is causing the problem. I notice that Obama has authorized release of Manning. Assange and Snowden?

      Radera
  6. I like Picasso. In fact, paintings and other artworks speaks more to me than poems mostly do, but there are exceptions. I look at your profile and realize I really should rest my case, poetry is right up your alley!
    As for the RT app and "Watching the hawks" I'll look into it.
    Sweden is experiencing a turmoil right now, politicly as well, the leader of the opposition made a harshmove this morning, not really knowing if she had her companions with her.
    But what is mostly running here, and I suppose that is what you are referring to, is the increasing violence with shootings, harassments and mobs roaming the streets. People get shot almost every day, cars burn, large number of young people move around in the night.
    As for the whistleblowers, well, John the baptist lost his head being one, I suppose there has to be consequenses when you reveal that which was meant to be kept in the dark. Bringing light to the truth is very evangelical, especially truth that has a serious impact on people. I noticed Obamas move here, it seems to have made Assange ready to step out. We'll see about Snowden. How do you feel about this?
    Right now, my head is full of the really great film we saw earlier , a swedish film called The giant.
    The state of things calls for some normal activities, my husband is watching an animation based on Jaques Tati, with our youngest daughter, that seems normal enough. I think I'll join them. Glad you joined me here, Gwil, welcome back!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. To answer the question. I don't know. Trump will be in charge from tomorrow. The world will soon be a different place.

      Radera